1. In order to promote the healthy and orderly development of international students' education in our university and strictly standardize the recruitment and management of foreign students, the measures are formulated in accordance with the Measures on the Management of Admission and Cultivation of International Students issued jointly by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Public Security (Decree No. 42).
2. The term international students as mentioned in the measure refers to foreign students holding foreign passports who have been approved by the State and the relevant departments of Hubei Province and who have enrolled in academic or non-academic education.
3. International students should abide by Chinese laws, decrees and relevant regulations. Prohibition of all acts endangering China's national sovereignty or security and damaging the public interest of China's society.
4. International students should always maintain and constantly enhance their friendship with the Chinese people and the people of all countries in China and respect their religious beliefs and traditional customs as well as respecting the faculty and staff of the school.
5. International students should conscientiously maintain public order, campus teaching and living order, abide by learning discipline and strive to complete their learning tasks.
Chapter 1 Management System
6. The School of International Education is responsible for the formulation of relevant systems for the management of international students. It is responsible for the enrollment, daily management, dormitory management and service, cultural exchanges and cultural experience, the teaching arrangement and organization of Chinese refresher courses and related foreign-related affairs of all kinds of international affairs in the school, as well as coordinating with other departments in the management of international students.
7. International Office, Graduate Student Office, Academic Affairs Office, Security Department, Logistics Group and other departments will work together with the School of International Education for the management and safety of international students.
8. The relevant training schools are responsible for the implementation and management of the teaching and internship practice of students, and assisting the School of International Education in the management of international students.
Chapter 2 Enrollment and Admission.
9. The education of international students in our university mainly includes academic education and non academic education.
Academic education includes undergraduate and postgraduate education, and non-academic education includes such programs as Chinese language students and intercollegiate exchange students.
10. Our university may recruit students at their own expense who meet the requirements for admission, or recruit students through legal intermediaries.
11. The School of International Education is responsible for formulating the enrollment plan for international students, issuing the enrollment brochures, enrolling international students as required, and submitting to relevant departments for examination and approval.
Chapter 3 Registration
12. Reporting Arrival: International students must report strictly according to the time stipulated in the admission notice. If they fail to report more than two weeks, they will be disqualified. In special cases, those who arrive at the school at non-registration time must go to the school by themselves with the consent of the School of International Education.
13. Qualification Examination: The School of International Education shall strictly review the admission qualifications and conditions of freshmen and examine the authenticity and completeness of the materials submitted. If the material is missing, false or do not meet the requirements for admission through rechecking, the qualifications shall be cancelled.
14. Registration: International students should bring their student ID card to the training unit within one week from the stipulated date of each semester. Those who fail to report on time must provide a valid application for delayed registration in advance, otherwise any delayed registration will be handled as a truancy. Without permission, students who fail to register on time within two weeks will be regarded as quit voluntarily.
Chapter 4 Asking for leave, Suspending Schooling and Returning to School
15. International students must abide by study discipline and ask for sick leave or business leave through the formalities according to relevant regulations.
(1) Leave of absence within two days should be permitted by the training school and the School of International Education. Leave of absence for three days or more must be in written form and obtained the consent of the training school and the School of International Education as well as being reported to the Graduate Office or the Academic Affairs Office for the record. A leave due to illness must be submitted with a hospital diagnosis.
(2) Those who fail to attend school without asking for a leave, leave without permission, leave not renewed or not granted a renewal shall be handled as truancy.
(3) Students should take a vacation according to the school calendar. Students are not allowed to take a vacation on the basis of their own country’s calendars and holidays and are not allowed to take leave while the school calendar is not scheduled for vacation. During the vacation period, leaving school for three or more days should be reported to the training school and the School of International Education.
16. Under the following circumstances, the international students will suspend their studies at the Graduate Student Office or the Academic Affairs Office.
(1) Absence for 1/3 term due to leave.
(2) Suspending schooling for other reasons approved by the school
17. The out of school time is usually one year, and the total amount can not exceed two years. After the application is approved, students should leave school within 15 days. Scholarship is suspended during suspension of schooling.
18. International students should make an application for restudy to the training school 10 working days in advance before the suspension is expired. They can resume their studies only after they have passed the re-examination and have been approved by the Graduate Student Office or the Academic Affairs Office. When returning to school after suspension for illness, students should show a health certificate issued by a designated hospital, otherwise they are not allowed to return to school.
第五章 退 学
Chapter 5 Quitting School
19. If one of the following circumstances occurs, the student may be quitted from school:
(1) Failing to pass the examination of two degree courses in one semester, or one course failing the examination and still failing the re-examination after a make-up course;
(2) Unable to continue to study in school according to the diagnosis of illness or disability in a designated hospital;
(3) When the period of suspension or retention of a student's status expires, no application for re-enrollment is filed within the prescribed time limit of the school, or the application for re-enrollment is not qualified after re-examination, or the application for re-enrollment is approved but not registered within 2 weeks after the deadline;
(4) Failing to participate in the teaching activities prescribed by the school without a proper cause for two weeks without permission.
(5) Failing to complete their studies within a prescribed length of schooling;
(6) Unable to continue school because of personal reasons.
Chapter 6 Attendance Management
20. The relevant departments shall implement attendance check for international students participating in teaching activities and other activities organized jointly by relevant departments. The attendance record will be used as the reference basis for the scholarship evaluation.
21. Those who fail to participate in teaching activities on time should ask for leave in advance and obtain permission. Otherwise, it is regarded as truancy.
22. Students who are absent from a course for more than one third of the teaching hours in a semester are not allowed to take examinations or tests of the course.
23. The School of International Education and the training schools conduct interviews and warning education for students who are absent from work.
Chapter 7 Graduation and Degree
24. Students who complete their studies in accordance with the teaching plan within the prescribed length of study, perform well and complete the required points (including Sunshine Education Points set by the School of International Education), are allowed to graduate and awarded a degree
25. Degree awarding shall be conducted in accordance with the Measures for the Granting of Bachelor's Degree to General Graduates of Wuhan Textile University and the Detailed Rules for the Granting of Master's Degree of Wuhan Textile University
26. Graduates should leave school according to the time stipulated by the School of International Education. Students who need to postpone graduation will pay for their own expenses, but they still have to go through graduation procedures synchronously with normal graduates.
Chapter 8 Dormitory Management
27. During the period of studying, the students’ accommodation is arranged by the school. No other people are allowed to stay.
28. Students should take care of and reasonably use facilities in dormitories and public areas. The damage shall be compensated accordingly.
29. Dormitory fire safety should be earnestly safeguarded. It is forbidden to use high-power electrical appliances in dormitories and to place inflammable, explosive, poisonous and strongly corrosive articles in dormitories and public areas.
30. Prohibition of religious activities in public areas
第九章 其 他
Chapter 9 Other Terms
31. International students are required to pay the relevant fees within two weeks of their arrival. If they fail to pay the fees on time, they will be disqualified for admission or registration.
32. Students who drop out of school, quit school or are expelled from school will not be charged a refund for the semester. Those who enter the school halfway will be required to pay the full tuition fee and related fees for the semester.
33. The measures shall come into force on the date of promulgation, and shall be interpreted by the School of International Education.